The Department of Neurology at Columbia Asia Hospitals offers round-the-clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The consultants are trained in some of the best institutes in India and abroad. They manage patients according to internationally accepted protocols and follow the evidence-based practice. They work closely with the patient and their family to devise a treatment plan based on comprehensive neurological examination and sophisticated diagnostic technology.
Why Columbia Asia India
- The neurology unit manages any kind of neurological emergencies like acute ischemic strokes, intracranial bleeds, neuromuscular emergencies, neuro-infections, status epilepticus etc.
- Trauma-related neurological problems are managed both medically and surgically.
- The stroke unit team consists of experienced neurologists, neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons and interventional specialists trained in acute stroke care. The procedures offered are intravenous, intra-arterial and mechanical thrombolysis, intracranial and extracranial cerebral vessel angioplasty / stenting, decompressive craniectomy for large infarcts, stereotactic evacuation of the intracerebral clots etc.
- Neuro-intensive care unit is well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities like invasive intracranial pressure monitoring, bedside electroencephalogram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses.
- Neurologists are specially trained for injections in various movement disorders and spasticity.
- The movement disorder specialist and the functional neurosurgery team have the expertise in deep brain stimulation therapy and lesioning surgery for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders aided by the advanced stereotactic and neuro-navigational system.
- The epilepsy unit is experienced in the diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders and has all the facilities for investigating and treating refractory epilepsy patients including epilepsy surgery.
- The neurophysiology unit has well trained technicians with all the facilities for dedicated nerve conduction study, electromyography, repetitive nerve stimulation study, evoked potentials (VEP, SSEP, BAER), EEG, video EEG, portable EEG for bedside recording and a well equipped sleep lab to perform various sleep studies.
- Outpatient and inpatient neurology services cater to various illnesses like headaches, epilepsy, strokes, dementia, Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, neuro-infections, sleep disorders etc.
- Epilepsy clinic
- Movement disorder clinic
- Headache clinic
- Neuromuscular clinic
- Dementia clinic
- Stroke clinic
- The most sophisticated tests for diagnosing brain and nervous system diseases, including electromyography (EMG), 1.5 Tesla MRI and 16 slices CT
- Support services like physiotherapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, speech and swallowing therapy
Treatments and Procedures