The Department of Reproductive Medicine and In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) has a dedicated team of medical and scientific experts offering a comprehensive and caring evaluation and treatment services for infertility for those couples who have difficulty getting pregnant. Confidentiality, evidence based practice and management as per international protocols, is the hallmark of the services offered. The unit offers contemporary care in a supportive and compassionate environment.
Why Columbia Asia India?
- Columbia Asia Hospitals is an international health care group that brings its entire bouquet of services, highly qualified doctors practicing internationally benchmarked standard protocols, excellent nursing services in very modern surroundings with hospitality, a key aspect of service delivery.
- The department combines 'best quality of care'with 'contemporary technology', ethical practices and multi-disciplinary care, all under one roof. A dedicated clinic committed to providing couples and individuals who are experiencing difficulties conceiving with excellent quality, professional and confidential services, is the hallmark of this service.
- Quality is integral to everything done, hence we observe the highest standards in all procedures and services.
- Every couple receives a tailor-made plan of consultation, monitoring, investigation and treatment which is specifically and sensitively designed to provide the greatest chance of success
- To provide the best and timely care, we are available seven days a week. We monitor patients carefully using hormonal assays and scans, detect slightest changes which will impact the choice of medication or timing of treatment. It is this attention to detail and dedication that contributes to the best outcomes with a positive experience for couples going through this very emotional and trying experience
What is infertility?
Infertility is a condition of the reproductive system that prevents conception of children and is defined as failure to conceive after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse. About 80 % of couples who are regularly trying for a baby get pregnant within a year. An estimated one in seven couples has difficulty conceiving and women are usually less fertile as they get older.
What is assisted reproduction?
This is a terminology used to describe the different treatment options available to help those who have difficulty in conceiving a child naturally. These options usually involve handling and manipulation of eggs and / or sperm in the lab to carry out simple procedures like artificial insemination / intrauterine insemination (IUI) or more advanced procedures including in-vitro fertilisation (IVF), intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and various other treatments.
What is the aim of the treatment?
Detailed assessment and management of couples with:
- Sub fertility
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Recurrent implantation failure (repeated IVF failure)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Other reproductive and endocrine problems related to infertility
Treatments and Procedures