Columbia Asia Hospitals, India has a team of expert doctors that includes a medical oncologist, a clinical haematologist and nurses trained specially for stem cell transplant and qualified doctors from allied specialties to provide multi-disciplinary care for bone marrow transplant (BMT). The hospital has state-of-the-art HEPA filtered rooms, ICUs, 24-hour blood bank and radiology services to provide comprehensive care.
These facilities have given hope to many cancer patients from India and around the world as this is among the very few hospitals in India to provide both autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplantation.
Salient features of BMT programme
An expert team headed by an expert who underwent fellowship training at General Hospital, Vancouver, Canada, where approximately 75-90 allogeneic transplants and 30-40 autologous transplants were performed annually.
- The team has gained experience in the pre-transplant evaluation of patients and their donors.
- The team has trained in haematology as a part of DM programme at Department of Haematology, King Edward Hospital.
- The team has expertise in indications and uses of autologous transplantation in acute myelogenous leukaemia, chronic myeloid leukaemia, multiple myeloma, Hodgkin’s disease, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and solid tumours.
- The team has an experience in successfully treating patients from countries like Sweden, Nigeria, Kenya and Bangladesh.
- The department is equipped with latest top-of-the-line infrastructure to handle bone marrow transplantation.
- Each room is supported by separate HEPA filters with triple level air filtration.
- Transplants are routinely performed for children as well as adults.
Treatments and Procedures
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplant